Conservation Grassland Mix
Suitable for areas that require the minimal amount of maintenance, it may take longer to establish but its slower growing will allow for it to be cut as little as twice a year. It will develop into a low maintenance grass sward that is suitable for areas that are difficult to mow, such as steep slopes or areas that are designed to be left to grow. (includes Clover and Legumes).
By adding clover & legume species to this mix naturally fixes nitrogen to the soil benefitting the grasses and increasing drought tolerance and disease resistance.
• 30% Strong Creeping Red Fescue
• 20% Slender Creeping Red Fescue
• 10% Chewings Fescue
• 15% Crested Dogstail (reasonably quick to germinate but low maintenance)
• 10% Hard Fescue
• 7% Smooth Stalked Meadow Grass
• 3% Brown Top Bent
• 5% Clover & Legume Blend (1% Small Leaved White Clover, 1% Small Leaved Red Clover, 1% Birdsfoot
Trefoil, 2% Sainfoin)